The Butler County Recorder's Office is pleased to announce a new initiative in the works that will benefit our United States Military Veterans.
In conjunction with the Butler County Veterans Services, Butler County Veterans will be able to obtain a Veteran Identification Card from our office. This card will display a picture of the veteran as well as various information regarding his, or her service to our country.
In order to receive an identification card, a veteran must record their military discharge with the Butler County Recorder's Office and show TWO of the following identifications. One of these forms of identification MUST contain a photo.
- An original or certified birth certificate;
- An identification card issued by the United States department of veterans affairs;
- A United States military identification card;
- A social security card;
- A license or permit to carry a concealed weapon issued by this state or any other state;
- A motor vehicle operator's license issued by this state or any other state that bears a photograph of the individual;
- An identification card issued by this state or any other state that bears a photograph of the individual;
- A valid passport that bears a photograph of the individual to whom the passport was issued.
Please note that the recorder's office must have the original or a certified copy of the DD214 for recording if it is not on file.
There is no charge to record the DD214 or for the card. ID Cards will be issued between the hours of 8:00 am and 3:00 pm.